Sunday, January 30

Have I Lost My Mind?

Its almost 3 am & I have been working on this card for almost 2 hours! Making tiny golden tassels, paper latterns, taking photos, omgosh. If you find my marbles please return them....

I just couldn't help myself. Hubby brought me home this beautiful Washi paper the other day & I was enabled by the FS challenge on SCS. I chose this card . I had wanted to make something for Shelli's blog contest also & since i'm cutting it down to the wire I figured what the heck who needs sleep! Anyway back to the card. I mounted the Washi paper to Whisper White because it was too thin to punch. Then I punched the large oval & 2 key tags & ran them through the crimper. A stampin friend Lois had made tassels for a Stamp n Chat project awhile back so I thought I would give it a try. Found a how to video on YouTube. If you search just be warned you may find some instructions for umm...upperbody tassels. Just keep scrolling down. LOL! Its very easy to do once you see it. Well friends its now after 3am & I have to go to bed now or I will not be a happy camper tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. What a FABULOUS Chinese New Year card!! Love it. We have a BIG China Town in Vancouver and they would love this!! Thanks for the heads up on the tassle tutorial LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a gorgeous card! I love that you took the time to make those perfect tassels. What a great husband you have ......he brings you home gorgeous paper!!!!! He's a keeper!!!!
    Well guess you're having an early night tonight so won't hold you up!
    Thanks so much for casing one of my cards and good luck with your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is a work of art! Gorgeous! I just bought the crimper, and this is great inspiration. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That paper is really beautiful! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful!!!! Does Stampin Up carry the key tag punch?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Its much appreciated!