Tuesday, December 10

Cami's Creation


My girls are so excited to have the opportunity to earn their own Christmas money this year! This started with my crafty 7 year old (a.k.a.#3)  & her never ending question "Can I Make Something?". Soo we started talking about Christmas & ideas of things she could make to earn some spending money for gifts & stuff. Recently we got an adorable candle holder from Bath & Body Works & it had a super cute snowman on it so I pulled out some punches & she got busy creating this little guy...


I helped her put together a few of these cutie patooty chipboard ornaments to sell to friends & family. Then we started talking about doing a video tutorial but she got camera shy. Lol! She did agree to let me do a photo tutorial though. As this is her attempt to be able to buy her own gifts for her sisters & donate money to the homeless (Totally her idea!) she is charging a very small fee for it. This child is my self less one, the one that truly prefers others over herself, she will give all she has to the bell ringers in front of the store or buy her sisters something instead of getting something for herself. Anyway I just love her to pieces & I am honored to be her mommy!


***5/2018 EDIT-This tutorial is no longer available as supplies have since retired***

UPDATE: First I must Thank You SO very much for supporting Cami & her quest to show love to others. Tonight we were able to purchase 12 brand new kids jackets that will be delivered to City Serve. You can see their Facebook page here  https://www.facebook.com/compassionnetwork
Thank you again for your support!
Another Up Date: From the Compassion Network FaceBook Page-

Status Update
By CityServe's Compassion Network
My heart melted when this little girl that I call "ornament girl" knocked on my office door with her arms filled to the brim with new warm children's jackets. Three little girls stood there with smiles ear to ear and said "that's not all" the whole family began unloading load after load of jackets, gloves, scarves, soup, water and more for the homeless and struggling in our community....I said "wow how did you know about this need", to which the mom replied that her friend on Facebook sent a message out to her friends. (the power for good on facebook) but that is not the best part of the story...the little girl that I (Christine) have my hands on her shoulders created a handmade ornament then sold it online (etsy) for people around the world and she made $500 then went out and bought these items for homeless people. It was ALL her idea and she was thrilled to serve her community in this tangible way! She has agreed to create a custom ornament for Compassion Network next year to raise funds to serve more people in our community! Thank you to those who share about what our churches are doing in the community...it only takes ONE person young or old to make a difference!!! Have a VERY merry Christmas volunteers!

http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/paperparadise/jointhefun
http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=2002591

31 comments:

  1. Cant resist helping out your girls!! I remember wanting to make my own money at that age also!! Best wishes to them, I hope they are very successful, the tag is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just placed my order for Cami's ornament tutorial....can't wait!
    Thank you so much!
    June in KS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Just ordered a fabulous tutorial. Thank you Cami!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who can resist such a cute little snowman?!?!? Thanks for the fun tutorial Cami! I'm going to use it for a card today :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! I just bought the tutorial and will be making these with my boys. Great job Cami!!! Thanks for sharing your creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just purchased the tutorial and will be making these with my boys. Great job Cami! Thanks for sharing your creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Cami does well with selling the tutorial. The ornament is super cute. I just ordered the tutorial so I can make some, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the fun tutorial, super cute. What stamp set is the Wishing you a Merry Christmas from? Thanks, I must make some for gift tags.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable snowman! I look forward to making some myself with your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that your little ones have a creative & giving spirit.
    Just ordered my tutorial, can't wait to make some with my mom for our Christmas.
    Merry Christmas to you and your little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I came from Inking Idaho and just ordered my tutorial! Love this cute little snowman. You are blessed with sweet girls. :)
    Thank you and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable snowman! I just ordered the tutorial and can't wait to use it! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So adorable that I couldn't help but purchase to help out this budding entrepreneur! Thanks for sharing your creativity, Cami!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just ordered my tutorial! Who could resist helping such a sweet child. Thank you Cami and Mommy for working together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Couldn't resist the sweet little creator of this snowman and her desire to help others! I've just ordered the adorable snowman. Guess I'll need to order my snowman thinlits after all my resisting! LOL

    Great job Cami!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank You Cami! Such a sweet snowman design. I appreciate you making it available!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just saw this on Inking Idaho and just had to have it. I love your story and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just ordered this adorable snowman tutorial. Congratulations to you and your lovely daughters for sharing with those in need! Have a Blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great tag!! sweet family!! : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just ordered the tutorial to support your daughter's mission. Positive feedback from this idea will greatly influence the woman she grows up to be. That being said, I do not have punches, but plan to use the sizes listed in the tutorial to create circles and ovals with my Cricut to make the snowmen. Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE this snowman!! Also a pleasure to help out a fellow woman entrepreneur ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this, just ordered. :)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. SNOWMEN??? I LOVE snowmen, and am glad that I saw this adorable one on another blog! It is refreshing to hear about a child being more interested in wanting to help others, and am glad that many people got a much needed gift from her unselfishness! Even though Christmas is over very soon, I will keep this snowman to get a head start on next year- never too early to start, right? :)

    Shar W.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have just bought onethis snowman is adorable and I just love what your daughter is aiming to do with this idea
    Much love
    Janette (UK)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just catching up on the blogs and come from Inking Idaho. I know Christmas is over but, I cant resist this little guy. thanks for sharing your crafting love with our youth and someday leaders.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is adorable...the perfect project for us in cold and snowy Maine! You have an amazing daughter to be helping the homeless at such a young age. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  27. That story warms my heart :) It makes me think of a story that was told of my grandmother at her memorial last year... she was the oldest of 5 girls (10 kids total), and she would work and instead of buying herself something, among other things, she paid for one of her sister's piano lessons (who then spent many years ministering with that gift alongside her Army chaplain husband)... she was always like, "no no you go ahead and take that" (we laughed through tears at the thought that when she got to heaven and Jesus tried to give her her mansion, she was like, "Give it to someone else!")... anyway... I just wanted to share that bc I can see that your daughter's unselfishness will be a blessing to many :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Its much appreciated!