Wednesday, January 7

Stampin Up Artisan Blog Hop- Hey Handsome

Welcome to this weeks Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! It is crazy to think that we are half way through our reign & a new Design Team will be crowned in a few months...waaahh! Ok well no need to cry over that yet since we still have a whole bunch of fun to share with you!
In our box this month we got a stash of Valentine toys & if you follow me on Instagram you already know about the new man in my life...LOL! Kidding of course! Anyway back to the cards- I must admit this Lumberjack had to grow on me a little but once he got inky I was smitten...

 
And that tree trunk is seriously adorbs! 
So I had another date with this guy & my Blendabilities today to make a funny card for my hubby.
I am sure he will chuckle at this one- 


 
 
So I did alter the guy a bit so I could add googly eyes to give him a bit of a different look. Next time I might just mask the cheeks & then I won't have to alter his face so much but I was happy with it anyway. One detail that you can't see is the addition of the dimension on his beard, hat, & some other areas. Since my hubby is hard to impress I had to think of something a bit different. If you haven't tried that technique before it is really fun, especially when you use the Blendabilities because you can see the colors on the back of your paper so its easier to run your stylus over it. Am I making any sense- do we need a video on this? Just let me know, I would be happy to do one.
Ok lets hop on over to visit Sarah!
 
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/sarahsagert/blog?directBlogUrl=%2Fblog%2F2027389%2Fentry%2Fstampin_up_artisan_blog_hop19
 
 
 
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/paperparadise/catalogs
 

9 comments:

  1. The first card is my fave. I love how you created the background using that wood stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hysterical! I cracked up and now hubby thinks I'm crazy - I love this and it would be so fun to duplicate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and great cards, Mercedes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these Mercedes! I think I need to make a few manley Valentines to send to my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sense of humor, and think it's great to use a set to produce such a uniquely funny card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been a big fan of Wood You be Mine since the catty reveal. Now I love it even more. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The second card is really funny :-) I like it!!!!
    Greetings from Germany - Karo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Its much appreciated!